Below is a list of ten thing to do during the most virtuous 10 days of the year:
- Repent to Allah
- Fast throughout the first nine days, particularly on the 9th of Dhul-Hijjah, the day of Arafah.
- Offer some optional night prayers.
- Read the Seerah or life story of the Prophet Ibrahim, peace be upon him.
- Learn about the rulings of Animal sacrifice.
- Make arrangements for your Sacrifice (if financially feasible)
- For those who intend to offer a sacrifice, it is desirable (Mustahab) that one refrains from clipping any nails and hair until the sacrifice is complete.
- Engage in the additional remembrance of Allah (Subhanallah, Alhmadulillah, Allahu Akbar etc).
- Reciting the Takbir Tashriq after every Fard Salah from the Fajr of the 9th till (including) the Asr of the 13th of Dhul-Hijjah (Total of 23 prayers).
- Give some optional charity to the poor and needy.